Chapter 13 and Your San Fernando Valley Property
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy:
- Stop the foreclosure actions immediately.
- You may obtain a loan modification, while in a Chapter 13 (in fact you have a better chance).
- Your 2nd, 3rd mortgage and your judgment liens can be eliminated
- Allows you to keep your assets.
- You may eliminate Tax debt
- You can make monthly payments over 36-60 months to catch-up with your back payments
- Your unsecured debts may be eliminated (like in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy)
- You can pay back certain non-dischargeable debt without interest.
- Lower your auto loan balance to its fair market value and reduce the interest rate.
Too often lenders have provided temporary loan modifications which they call “Trial Loan Modification”, which are then denied after many modified payments have been made by the homeowner. In essence the lenders are covering their cost while the property values are on the rise, to maximize their profit when they are ready to foreclose on your property.
Over the past two decades, we have seen too much abuse by lenders. It is time for you to stand and claim your legal rights and save your home. We will fight with you every step of the way.